Friday, February 17, 2006

Peace...

Your Peace

Verse

A E D A E

Lord, I come into your presence

A E D A E

Into my quiet place where I can meet you

F#m D

And you come, here you come

Chorus

E F#m

Lord, your peace rushes through me

D E

Like a mighty river flowing to the sea

A E

And heaven opens its gates

D E

Then, the Spirit of the Lord descends like a dove

End

A

Like a dove

See Matt 6:6

I wrote this song a little after I came to Canada, when my spiritual life took a tumble. I started to get concerned about the big things of the present (well i guess it would technically be the past). I felt my hubris and and lived in a way where God was non-existent and just Santa-Claus who i'd ask stuff from. Eventually, I cracked. I couldn't take the coldness of the world and being on that edge...well...sucked. I felt alone, and totally stripped of pride in myself. I realized my total and utter dependence on The Lord's warm embrace and just knowing that he had everything under control was simply beautiful and put my heart at ease...an ease which i hadn't felt in a long time. I felt...His Peace.


1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger jonchia said...

confessions? that's like usher... GASP! what did you do!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home